As infertility is unfortunately on the rise in the Unites States, we have to ask ourselves why — and you will not be surprised to learn that the abortion industry may be a factor in this mess. Despite their fevered claims that abortion is “safe,” research shows it can be extremely damaging to fertility (among other health aspects) — and now that Planned Parenthood has also put “gender-affirming care” into their closet of skeletons, abortion vendors now have two ways to ensure you never reproduce.
After all, with their anti-baby bias, if they’re not killing your kids, they’re making sure you don’t have any. Here’s what you need to know about this double-whammy attack on fertility:
Brief Look at Infertility Today
- The World Health Organization estimates that one in six people globally struggle with infertility.
- Within the United States, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that one in eight couples have a hard time conceiving.
- The “lasting trauma of infertility” is well-documented with many couples seeking grief groups and counseling to cope.
How Does Abortion Increase Infertility?
Unfortunately, as the abortion lobby insists on falsely marketing abortion as “safe” (despite it posing many risks to women’s health and certainty never being safe for the preborn), many women are unaware that abortive procedures/pills may cost them future children, as well.
Students for Life of America (SFLA) has been pointing out the abortion lobby’s lack of informed consent on this point for years, and SFLA President Kristan Hawkins went so far as to say such failure to properly advise women should be considered malpractice in an op-ed at The Federalist. In an earlier blog entitled “Did You Know Abortion Can Affect Your Future Chances of Having a Child,” SFLA enumerated her points:
- If a woman is a Rh-negative blood type while her partner is a Rh-positive, antibodies can build up which may not affect her first preborn child but can attack future pregnancies, resulting in miscarriage. The only way to possibly prevent this is a) to screen women for their blood types prior to abortion and b) administer a shot of Rh immunoglobulin within time if a woman falls within this demographic to prevent future difficulty.
- A woman may experience more pre-term births following an abortion, which can potentially lead to the death of future children and damage to a woman’s body.
- Abortions increase the risk of ectopic pregnancies, which can kill both mother and preborn child.
How Does “Gender-Affirming Care” Increase Infertility?
According to their website, Planned Parenthood has also become the second largest provider of “hormone therapy” for “transgender and gender non-conforming patients”— but at what risk to these poor confused souls (often minors)?
While the abortion giant does not offer sex change surgeries which pose a clear obstacle to maintaining fertility by the mutilation of reproductive organs, Planned Parenthood does sell puberty blockers (or “pubertal suppression”) and what is often referred to as “wrong-sex hormones” (feminizing hormones like estrogen and spironolactone for males and masculinizing testosterone for females).
While you may get called “transphobic” today for suggesting these treatments are risky, even Planned Parenthood admits you might have a problem if you want children in the future.
Another page on their site reads that “there is a potential risk of infertility” for “folks taking testosterone” and estrogen. It even goes so far as to say, “Although changes from hormones are theoretically reversible, not enough research with fertility has been done.”
Basically, these drugs may just rob you of any chance of having future biological children — but that’s not a big deal, right? Who really cares about having a family? Planned Parenthood’s website takes much this tone, but if they actually considered the sorrow that many individuals go through with infertility, they might reconsider being so flippant about offering life-altering drugs.